Professor / Legal Theory
|2011-||Professor at the Faculty of Law, Stockholm University|
|2011-||Director for the Winter School on Global Legal Research and Information Management at the Faculty of Law, Stockholm University|
|2008-||General Editor for Theory and Practice of Legislation (U.K.)|
|2010-||Visiting Professor in Legal Theory at the Center of Law and Governance (Groningen and Amsterdam, The Netherlands)|
- Law and Politics: A Dilemma for Contemporary Legal Theory. Springer Verlag, Heidelberg –Germany (2007). [Peer review publication]
- Rhe Policy of Law: A Legal Theoretical Framework. Hart Publishing, Oxford –UK (2007). [Peer review publication]
- The Idea of Corporation in Transnational Law: Setting the Foundations (2012). [Under peer-review
- “Makers” vs. “Markers”: Are Constitutional Courts Political or Legal Actors?, European Journal for Legal Studies (Forthcoming 2013). [Peer review journal]
- Evolutionary Theory and Legal Positivism: A Possible Marriage (Forthcoming 2013). [Under peer-review for publication
- Making evolutionary theory useful for legal actors, in P. Zumbansen and G.-P. Calliess (ed.), Law, Economics and Evolutionary Theory, Edward Elgar, pp. 270-294 (2001)
- From “Evolutionary Theory and Law” to a “Legal Evolutionary Theory”, German Law Journal, 72: 140-216 (April 2008). [Peer review journal]
- The “Social” in Social Law: Analysis of a Concept in Disguise, Journal of Law in Society (Forthcoming August 2008). [Peer review journal] Also published in P. Wahlgren ed., The Social Law. Scandinavian Studies in Law. Vol. 53. Stockholm Institute for Scandinavian Law (2007).
- (with Jonas Ebbesson), Transbordering democracy? The case of environment protection, in Andrés Ollero, Human Rights and Ethics. Archiv für Rechts- und Sozialphilosophie – Beihefte Band 108 (2007). [Peer review journal]
- Globalization and Law-making: Time to Shift a Legal Theory’s Paradigm, Legisprudence. International Journal for the Study of Legislation 1/1, pp. 125-153 (2007) [Peer review journal]
- Legal Realisms: On Law and Politics. Res Publica. A Journal in Social and Legal Theory 12, pp. 295-317 (2006). [Peer review journal]
- A Reply to Prof. Banakar’s Review of “The Policy of Law: A Legal Theoretical Framework”, Retfaerd, nr. 2/113, pp. 82-85 (2006). [Peer review journal]
- Law and Politics, in Peczenik A. (ed.), IVR Encyclopaedia of Jurisprudence, Legal Theory and Philosophy of Law (2006). [Peer review journal]
- Law and Policy, in Peczenik A. (ed.), IVR Encyclopaedia of Jurisprudence, Legal Theory and Philosophy of Law (2006). [Peer review journal]
- Legal Realisms and the Dilemma of the Relationship of Contemporary Law And Politics, in P. Wahlgren and M. Zamboni ed., Liber Amicorum in Honor of Jes Bjarup. Scandinavian Studies in Law. Vol. 48. Stockholm Institute for Scandinavian Law (2004).
- Rechtsstaat: What is it that Swedish development assistance organisations “export”?, Non-State Actors and International Law, nr. 1, pp. 48-65 (2002). [Peer review journal] Also published in A. Soetemann (ed.), Pluralism and law. Kluwer Publishing, pp. 22-32 (2003). [Peer review publisher]
- Law and Legal Politics. Vilhelm Lundstedt and the Role of the Lawmaker, Associations – Journal for Legal and Social Theory, Nr. 1, pp. 35-61 (2002). [Peer review journal]
- LL.D. in Legal Theory, Faculty of Law, Stockholm University, Sweden (2004). Title of the dissertation: The Policy of Law: A Legal Theoretical Framework.
- J.D. (graduated summa cum laude), Faculty of Law, Bologna University, Italy (1995).
- Research Associate for the project “Transformations of the State” (Sonderforschnungbereich 597: Staatlichkeit im Wandel), University of Bremen –Germany 2007-2010.
- Associate Professor (Docent) at the Faculty of Law, Stockholm University 2008-2011.
- Senior Lecturer at the Faculty of Law, Stockholm University 2007-2008.
- Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences Research Fellow for Legal Scholarship 2007-2012.
- Visiting Scholar at European Academy of Legal Theory (Brussels –Belgium), December 2006; December 2007.
- Visiting Scholar at Harvard University, School of Law (USA), December 2007 – June 2008 [invited by Professor Duncan Kennedy and financed by the Wenner-Gren Stiftelserna].
- Visiting Scholar at Stanford University –School of Law (California, USA), Mars 2007 [under the supervision of Professors Lawrence Friedman and Helen Stacy]
- Associate Researcher for the project Sustainable Companies (Oslo), 2010-2012.
- Associate to the Center for Legislation, Regulation and Legisprudence (Brussels), 2006-2010.
- Visiting Researcher at Stanford University –School of Law (California, USA), August 2003-June 2004 [financed by the Swedish-American Foundation and under the supervision of Professor Lawrence Friedman].
- Visiting Researcher at Columbia University –Faculty of Law (New York, USA), June-July 1999 [financed by the Knut & Alice Wallenberg Stiftelse].
- Visiting Researcher at the Faculty of Law, Uppsala University (Uppsala, Sweden), August 1995-May 1997; April-June 2005.
- Equal Opportunity Officer for the Graduate students at the Stockholm University, Faculty of Law, 2000-2004.
- Teaching (in Swedish): jurisprudence, constitutional law, immigration law, Swedish constitutional law from an European perspective.
- Teaching (in English): comparative law, Introduction to Swedish law, American and Englsih Business law, comparative European legal history (in Uppsala).
- Supervision of circa 25 graduation papers for the Law exam.
- Supervision of one doctoral candidate.
- Co-supervision of two doctoral candidates.
- Korea Legislation Research Institute Global Research Fellow (2012- )
- Member of the Advisory Council for the International Association for Legislation (2012- ).
Italian, Swedish, English, German, Spanish
SE-109 61 Stockholm
08-16 22 41
076-632 88 88